SCHEMA ST4 DocuManager sets new standards, and is yet a standard system with technical support and upgradeability. For over 20 years SCHEMA has been standardizing the basic configuration of the powerful ST4 system by gathering frequent feature requests from its clients and adding them to the software. “DocuManager” is a turnkey solution for simple projects and the perfect basis for complex enhancements.
With SCHEMA ST4 you can get started immediately: The system’s standard, convenient functionalities support the single source publishing principle. Additional functions can be configured and adapted to your individual requirements.
- Create and edit content using external editing programs (Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, or JustSystems XMetal)
- Authoring Assistance feature with real-time search function for existing content and terminology checking in the editor; stored content can be inserted using hotkeys
- Style guides can be stored in the system and viewed using the style guide “Viewlet”
- Integrate graphics or groups of graphics, tables (dynamic or static), safety notices, instructions, metadata, or variables
- Comment function for review and approval processes
- Components of nodes, such as safety notices or tables, can be stored in fragments for reuse
- Validate all content against the information model before saving
- Media-neutral storage (XML) in a database
- Integrated image and document database (e.g. for supplier documentation/PDF files)
- Small changes (e.g. spelling corrections) can be made without changing the translation status of a node
- Create standards-compliant safety and warning notices; the type and severity of the notices can be customized
- Add and create your own inline elements
- Manage nodes in a hierarchical tree structure or via the structure net to visualize the structure of nodes as a network
- Usage information can be displayed as a list or tree
- Design template documents to speed up the creation of projects
- Translations are saved as aspects at the node Translation report for all nodes, compilations, or projects; switch the entire GUI to a different language or use Quick View to preview content only in a different language
- Variant management using metadata even for publications automatically produced from parts lists with imported control files
- Variable management feature for language-dependent or language-independent variables for use in running text or in graphics/screenshots
- Create metadata in hierarchical taxonomies to label the content and for subsequent search functions
- Three-stage approval process with version management. Ensures traceability of changes to content statuses. Controlled updating of projects/documents
- Differences between versions are displayed in the Version Browser, track changes, or compared documents (Microsoft Word). Branching function
- Extensive search functions (Quick Search, Simple Search, Advanced Search) to find content, headings, metadata, and much more besides. Search settings can be saved
- Language and translation management with terminology management and a connection to translation memory systems. Controlled export feature for translations (only new text or all text, context information)
- Manually set the recognition language, source language, translation status
- Reporting function for degree of reuse, approvals, links
Graphics and Media Assets
- Central management of graphics, documents, PDF files (e.g. supplier documentation) and videos in a resource pool
- Add graphics or documents using drag and drop; automatic conversion of formats and resolution
- Store different formats and resolutions as well as all languages in a resource node
- CallOut Designer for graphic elements or text (language-dependent or language-neutral) in graphics or screenshots. Add variables or metadata to graphics; translate graphics with the translation management feature
- Multilingual storage of videos in all formats for play back in different operating systems
- Groups of graphics with variant control
- Manage individual PowerPoint slides independently of the slide master. Publish presentations using a selectable slide master and reuse slides.
- Export and import function for editing existing graphics or creating missing graphics
- Combine projects/documents using drag and drop; generate all output files from these projects
- Standard output formats: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker, PDF, online help systems, HTML, and many more besides
- Flexible layout design function for hardcopy formats using the PageLayoutDesigner (automatic assignment of templates and formatting, inheritance of layouts and formats); extensive corporate identity/corporate design specifications and publication specifications can be implemented
- Flexible design of interactive HTML5 outputs with responsive design (CSS3) using the online media designer
- Layout preview in a separate window in SCHEMA ST4
- Layout edits (e.g. page breaks) can be saved before the PDF file is created
- Automatically generated table of contents, glossary, index
- Automatically generated tables containing metadata, for example maintenance tables or spare parts lists
- Direct transfer of publications to the SCHEMA Content Delivery Server for publishing and distribution
Import and Collaboration
- Import data from PIM or ERP systems into the integrated product data management feature; display data in dynamic tables
- Import documents from Word or FrameMaker to transfer existing data
- Import feature from Excel files for data, variables, metadata, or content
- Import terminology data into the terminology management system
- Import PowerPoint presentations for storage and reuse in the system
- Standard workflows for teamwork. Additional workflows can be designed using the Workflow Designer
- Check out content to edit it externally as an RTF document
- Installed clients or browser-based DocuWeb applications
- Viewlets for the clients can be set up as desired; window settings can be saved for different tasks
- Recycle bin function and integrated standard hotkeys
Individual information modules that are as easy as possible to manage form the basis of modern editing. These modules need to be easy to find, capable of being combined dynamically, and made “intelligent” using metadata. Separating layout, structure, and content simplifies matters by a large degree and increases efficiency. However, this requires precise planning and consistent implementation.
SCHEMA has been setting standards in editing systems for over 20 years. Their ST4 DocuManager meets the needs of small and medium-sized businesses and is based on SCHEMA ST4, the market-leading professional and scalable editing system in German-speaking countries. The SCHEMA product range covers all eventualities in day-to-day editing and content management work for companies of all sizes.
The fundamental difference between working with and without an editing system is the principle of single source publishing. This method breaks documents and publications down into information modules, which may then be used time and again in different locations, but are only ever managed centrally. Prolific copying and pasting is replaced by a neatly structured data base.
SCHEMA ST4 DocuManager sets new standards, and is yet a standard system with technical support and upgradeability. SCHEMA consistently “standardizes” recurring requirements from numerous projects. “DocuManager” is a standard configuration of the powerful ST4 system; a turnkey solution for simple projects and the perfect basis for complex enhancements.
Technical content management systems should not simply be regarded as new software; they also enable you to reassess processes, writing methods, and documentation structures. While they are relatively quick and easy to introduce, a major benefit lies in how they will modernize your entire workflow. Here we have compiled some of the key benefits to justify your investment.
Separating content, structure, and layout in a CMS is the key to first-class dynamic publishing: Create different layouts from or customer-specific versions from the same source – cleverly controlled by metadata, with documents automatically produced from the data available in the ERP system. With all this and much more besides, the possibilities of SCHEMA ST4 are endless!
The trend towards electronic media could not be stronger, with benefits such as faster updates, interactive presentations, and context-sensitive help being harnessed for applications such as website assembly and catalog production. SCHEMA ST4 offers an extensive range of publication options for both print but also electronic media, separating content from structure and layout.
Your colleagues, partners, and customers need the latest information at their fingertips. How do you manage that in times of increasingly faster product cycles? How do you ensure these documents can only be used with proper authorization? SCHEMA´s Content Delivery Suite (CDS) intelligently supplies the different target systems – online and offline – via browser, tablet, or smartphone.
Do you want to speed up working in SDL Trados Studio and SDL MultiTerm even further and customize it even more precisely to your needs? Then you should take a closer look at our little digital helpers: expertTools enable elegant processes and solutions that would otherwise be highly complex and time-consuming. Many of our expertTools are available both as a freelance and as a professional version.
While you can simply download and try out some of our products for yourself, larger-scale solutions such as SCHEMA DocuManager or SDL WorldServer have extensive configuration options. To enable us to tailor these systems to your individual requirements, we can offer you specialist guidance and workshops. This will give you a clear picture of the desired and perfect solution for you.
Do you want tailored guidance and prompt support response times? Then you can rely on us! We provide support both for the SDL Trados products we market and for the software solutions we develop in-house, such as quickTerm, smartQuery, globalReview, and expertTools. In order to support the products from our other partners, we negotiate direct support and maintenance contracts on your behalf.